What are the tech details of the MakeUseOf toolbar?

Joey Buddha (aka Joey Goodman) February 24, 2010

Are you using a plugin for the Toolbar at the bottom of MakeUseof.com? It looks great – neat, clean and simple, and adds great functionality to the site. Is it a WordPress plugin or a custom script?

1. Doom

how id can restore/get back/show back/.../ MUO toolbar? i like very much your site (really :D) but is loaded slow on my old pc so dunno how i did it but i hided/blocked/restricted/... your site toolbar (i thought and still think that is a bit faster loaded that way) but now i want it back but dunno how :(( pls very much tell me how! i saw some or even same toolbar on other site/s (dont remeb. right what one) and at end of it a button(?) "hide toolbar" or something like ... maybe i clicked that button ... or i blocked some cookies (??) (i use a per URL/address cookies basis/behaviour/storing (sry for my bad english)) ... if is cos of clicking that button i think should remain at least a only small button on interface to can easily restore back (i saw somewhere that is a meebo toolbar and not your own, maybe ill tell them too about that) if is cos of cookies i have allowed all cookies for MUO, aweber (dunno if needed), meebo, disqus ... i guess that all what r "ok" lets say .. i restricted only for yieldmanager ... PLS VERY MUCH REPLY ME IF IS COS OF SOME OF MY SETTINGS AND WHAT ONES MAINLY POSSIBLE (i use Firefox 3.6 on XP SP2 (noo i still dont want SP3!)) TY VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!

• Doom

related to my above comment, sry that i didnt post/ask new question, and posted a comment, im still kinda noob :)) on these i usually dont post too much comments, questions ... anywhere (forums ...) (i did it some times but or no reply or only crap/sh*** ... :( ) i feel that i lose too much time for that instead to do other things more useful hahaha (but that is mainly cos of above reason "(i did it some times ...)" tho )

Hey Doom

You don't see the toolbar because it was temporarily disabled by us. We
        had a few issues with the site and had to remove the toolbar to fix
        them. We''ll probably add it back in about 3-4 weeks.

Aibek

• Doom

lol and i thought that is cos of me (that is my guilty) ty vm for reply anyway in past i didnt used too much or even at all sharing services but now when i started using its im not enough patient too see it back (MUO toolbar) i hope that will be back soon (maybe even than 3-4 weeks) thx again
          and ... keep that great work on this site dunno if u believe me but this one is one of my fav sites one of best for me (trust me;) :) )

thanks for the kind words. We are doing our best to keep the site useful!

Aibek

Hey Joe

That toolbar functionality is provided by Meebo, http://bar.meebo.com. Since installing on MakeUseOf we saw a considerable increase in the number of social media shares.