How can I use Tata Photon Plus on my Android tablet?
Question by Sunil /

Can Tata Photon Plus be used in HCL ME AM 7A1 tablet ( Android 2.2 ) having USB socket through a connector wire?

If yes , what would be manual APN settings for Photon Plus?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged ; or ask your own question.

• Sunil

Would the solution mentioned by Sameer work for the model mentioned or for only select Android devices?

• Sunil

would it work on Hcl me 7A which does not officially support Photon connectivity

It has usb socket connector wire

• Susendeep Dutta

If it officially doesn’t supports then it wont connect to any USB dongle too.For connecting USB dongle to any tablet,it must have 3G chipset support for USB drives.

• Sunil

It has connector wire with usb socket

The connectiion can be manually configured on it?

It’s custormer care had told that though officially it doesn’t support , the connectivity configuration can be tried

• Susendeep Dutta

Well,you can try to manually configure it and see whether it connects or not.But I highly doubt about it as if the tablet manufacturer is intended us to allow connecting through USB dongle then why didn’t it provide for direct connection.Moreover,I think that the tablet is made for connecting to internet using SIM card.

• Sunil

Actually option of USB socket is is allready provided as mentioned

In addition to USB socket , it has 3G sim card slot, but question is how to connect photon through USB socket

What specifically would be manual APN settings for Tata Photon in the Android 2.2 device

• Susendeep Dutta

You can try the methods mentioned in the link below –

How To: Connect USB Modem Or Data Card To Android Tablet –

How To Use Tata Photon, BSNL EVDO, Reliance Netconnect, MTS, 3G Dongles On Android Tablets –

• Sunil

Thanks for taking interest in this question

Please tell , whether the HCL AM7A1 can also connect with Tata Photon ( Huawei EC 1260 )
    Officially the model HCL X1 is working with Tata Photon

• Fbsmithy

i have hcl tab x1 but not able to get the tata photon plus connected, can u please help? contact me via email urgently asap on, plz its really urgent

• Sunil

Try the procedure mentioned in link by of teletechnology

• Pareshraheja

The link provided does not work. May be it is down at this moment. Has anyone been successful in connecting a USB dongle for internet connectivity on a TAB

• Sameer

For Tata Photon Plus I entered the following values:
      APN: None
      User Name: Internet
      Password: Internet

Disabled and enabled 3G and it worked…

• Shreya :)

Thanks Sameer, It actually worked. :)

• irshad

How can I use MTS (Mblaze) on my Android tablet?

• Sunil

Thanks for so much attention 

The model name and number of the Photon Plus dongle is Huawei EC 1260 and while doing Google for manual apn settings of Photon Plus, I came across the following manual of configuring and settings for the same model of dongle in Tata Photon’s page –

In the mentioned pdf manual ,  the username is not internet but the photon number itself or as <Photon Number@TTSL:disqus 

The settings which you asked in Connections – new apn – edit access point show following fields : Name, APN, Proxy, Port, Username, Password, Server, MMSC, MMS Proxy, MMS Port, MCC, MNC, Authentication Type,and APN Type

For 3G connection , to fill APN Fields, I had to fill only first two fields and keep others blank

So for Tata Photon dongle too, all field-values may not be required to fill

Secondly please note that the dongle connects to the tablet via a wire with usb socket at it's one opening, So is this sufficient hardware configuration to estabilish internet connection from usb dongle ( Tata Photon ) or is the usb socket through wire would work  for only data transfer from pendrive?

Please clarify both the sub-queries

what happens when you connect it to tablet ?
    does it recognize and open any application?

you can connect your dongle to laptop, and use it as a wifi hotspot.

• Sunil

On connecting , the light on device blinks similar when connected to pc

No application is pre-configured to load

Manual Apn settings for Tata photon may probably be able to connect it

are you able to use it on oc ? or even pc does not ?connect?
      you should contact to both users and suport of tablet and dongle.
      as i am using neither.

• Sunil

pc it is connecting because the connection client is windows based and installs automatically

but for tablet if you can find it’s exact apn settings , or what values to fill in apn for android,, then it should connect

i will try to find, if something like this is available.
      you also contact support,  they may give you some info regarding this.

• Sunil

Try to find what apn settings are for photon plus ( Mumbai)
      and which fields to enter for the settings in ‘create new apn’ for Android 2.2?

The customer support did not give manual apn settings

i will update if i find, but ask this to both the supports dongle and tablet.
      i think you asked it to tata only, tell your problem to hcl also.

• Sunil

I have asked to both 

Hcl has said there is no pre-loaded connect client/dialler in this particular model

Inspite of no pre-loaded client, there must be a way to connect Photon to Android Tablet ; either through finding a downloadable client which would automatically receive settings after plugging in the dongle, or by manually putting settings in the Connect menu

But what submenu to choose ( apn , vpn , ) and what to fill in which fields is the question ; I know of three values for Photon ; username – Internet , password – Internet ; Apn value = #777?

I am not sure, about this, but now you have a solution: connectify.

use it till you get a solution for using dongle directly with tablet. 

• Sunil

Cannot use hotspot solution outdoors

If you could confirm apn process and settings it would work

can you give all the fields of settings?
      or screen-shot or both ?
      tata docomo uses apn.

i will try to find it whether it is possible to use net settings by entering any manual settings,or something else that can enable the tablet, but i am not sure, so it may take time,and result is not guaranteed, sorry!
      and also try to find a person who is already successfully doing this with a dongle.
      visit a store/service center peronally if you called them only.

• sagar

Hey bro I have a MTS usb dongle & wanted to connect my HCL me tab to the laptop pls help.

• Susendeep Dutta

Try the method mentioned in the first link.If it doesn’t works,which must not happen,then you can try the second method.