Can you help me get a target SDK to write my first Android app using Eclipse Windows?

Corbin Ducharme October 5, 2012

I am trying to write my first Android app and I’m having a hard time getting a target SDK using Eclipse Windows. I am using this article to help me, but I’m stuck on step 7: //www.makeuseof.com/tag/write-google-android-application/ How To Write Your First Google Android Application How To Write Your First Google Android Application Want to know how to write Google Android apps? Most Android applications are written in Java – a relatively easy to learn, friendly language for new developers. Aside from the possibility some money, you could... Read More

Whenever I type in the location of my SDK, I see no target SDKs to apply. If anyone could help me get past this, that would be great! Thanks.

1. pegah

why i cant make avd target for my sdk?

Hey Corbin,

I believe the problem isn't in step 7 - it's in step 3. You have to download the appropriate SDK kits for each version of Android. For example, if you want to develop for 2.1, you must download the SDK for 2.1.

The way to do this is by running the SDK Manager (from the Windows start menu) and then checking the appropriate boxes on the development kits.

3. Dimal Chandrasiri

My best guess is you haven't installed sdks to select any. or the target directory might have no SDKs to select. try reinstalling the sdks or find that the path is fine..

4. James Wright

Have you made sure to use the SDK manager to download an SDK Platform?
    If so, make sure you are selecting the root folder for your SDK installation. Have you tried manually finding your SDK folder in windows?