What can I do if my tablet IPS screen doesn’t come on after dropping it?

momitec March 14, 2012

I just got a new Ainol Nova 7 Aurora with IPS screen and accidentally dropped it off the couch while it was on. I picked it up and see nothing, so I tried to hold down power, tried flashing, resetting, etc. Nothing works. But I do hear it on because it keeps checking my email and I hear the new mail sound. Also it still connects to my PC via USB.

The screen is IPS and no cracks or anything. Any advice? I’m desperate! :(

Do you see anything? Can you faintly see a image by any chance? 

Honestly, your outlook isn't very good. 

• momitec

Nope nothing... Just hear sound... There is no cracks that I can see... Any chance something got disconnected inside?

Possibly, but will be hard to pull it apart to see. 

Also a possibility is the light under the screen was busted...

Either way it is fixable, but may not be worth the cost.

Also, what about the warranty? May be worth contacting the manufacturer. 

And don't tell them you dropped the device! Tell them it suddenly didn't work anymore. Maybe you are lucky.

• momitec

Yeah I think must be the light broke like you said... I will send it back... Truth is it had a bad pixel and a bright spot in the edge of the screen so I complained to the company and hopefully they will replace it for me... And no I didn't tell them I dropped it haha... Maybe I'll get lucky... Thanks guys for your advice :)

Do let us know  how it turns out! Fingers crossed.

• momitec

I sent it back to China so it may be awhile before I find out what they will do for me but it is still under 10 day return policy so I'm hoping! Will post back tho for sure! Thanx :)

Sounds Good, Hopefully everything goes well :)