Can you use Syncmate to sync a mobile device to an office server?

Tom Koenig January 7, 2012

Can you use syncmate to sync a mobile device to an office server? I have a Motorola MC55 mobile device that I take orders for my company in the field. There is a data base of account information on this mobile device that changes daily. I need to sync this device with the information that is on the server at the office. I normally download orders over the cell phone network and could update the data on my mobile that same way, but the cell phone signal is weak at my house which prevents me from doing this at home. Our IT director at my company said I could use active sync (a PC program) to sync my device over the Internet. He is not a Mac person and I really would like not to purchase a PC just for this function.

1. taylor_alex

Hi Tom, my name is Alex, I'm from SyncMate team. Your post doesn't provide enough information to answer your question. Please, contact our Support team at support@eltima.com and provide them with detailed description of what you would like to sync, sync algorithm and our representative will get back to you asap.

Thanks for offering your support, Alex!

Well, if the database falls under one of the supported data types of Syncmate you might be able to.

However, I'm not entirely sure how you could implement it into the environment.

You won't be able to synchronize directly with the server using Syncmate. You would have to sync it to your Mac and somehow from your Mac to your server.

As for Active Sync:
    The MC55 is a Windows mobile device so it already supports Active Sync. So technically you should be able to connect the MC55 e.g. to your wireless network and use Active Sync to synchronize with the server.

However this is all under the assumption that "Active Sync" is the key. To give you a definite answer it would be helpful to know how the whole thing would work using Active Sync and a Windows PC - basically you would synchronize your MC55 with Windows but how does the data get to the server from there?