Syncing Bookmarks Between Firefox and Chrome?

Marco February 18, 2010

I use both Firefox and Chrome on a regular basis and would like to know if there is an addon(s) that works both on Firefox and Chrome that would allow me to easily (preferably automatically) synchronize bookmarks sets on two browsers?

Thank you for you help!

1. Bob Tate

I recommend Bookmark Flash ,grab and share bookmarks easily from Chrome,FireFox,Safari,Opera,Maxthon and IE.

2. ├Žnon1mus

I second Xmarks. I use it from time to time. My primary browser is Safari but I use Chrome occasionally. It's nice to have bookmarks transferred over automatically when I use either one.

I also find it very handy to recover my browser bookmarks after reinstall.

Aibek

• LeeD

How about an addon -or app that will sync bookmarks between Firefox and IE, and between Firefox and Opera? Is there any such thing?

There is a browser addon called Xmarks, it does exactly what you're asking for.

Before you can use it, you need to install it on both browsers and create an Xmarks account. After that sign in to Xmarks from your primary browser to start syncing your bookmarks to your Xmarks account. Once that's done start the second browser and log in to Xmarks. You will be asked if you want to import the bookmarks. Click yes and done.

From here onwards you can set Xmarks to do the syncing automatically.

http://www.xmarks.com/