How can I synchronize my Google Chrome bookmarks with my Android phone?

Mark December 3, 2010

My Google Chrome bookmarks are currently being synchronized via my GMail account which then syncs with other computers when I am logged into Chrome with that GMail account. However, it doesn’t work with my Google Android 2.1 phone which I find rather ironic.

Is there anyway to sync my Google Android bookmarks with my Android phone so I can catch up on my web browsing while I am away from the house?

1. Josh Fox

To answer your question for the time being... you can't sync them. Chrome uses Google Docs for syncing (if I remember correctly) and Android uses Google Bookmarks, which to me, doesn't make a whole lot of sense. However, there was a bug filed with Google about this: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=2907

If you scroll to the bottom of that page, you can star the issue to increase the priority a little (more votes = more attention to the issue) and get updates emailed to you.

In the meantime, you might want to look into bookmarking services like delicio.us. I'm not an Andriod user, so I wouldn't be able to give specifics about what's available to you. You could look through the app marketplace to find other bookmark apps that will help you until Google addresses the problem. Evernote might be a good option if you have specific bookmarks you want available from your computer to your phone instead of wanting all of your bookmarks.