How can I sync only specific GMail contacts to my Droid Hero?

Michelle August 11, 2010

I have over 2000 contacts in my GMail. I don’t want all of them on my Droid. However, there they are taking up space and rendering my contact list an unmanageable monster.

How can I indicate which contacts I’d like to sync with my phone? I’d like to only sync specific groups to my phone, but I can’t find a setting on the Droid that would allow me to so. Help!

) In Gmail->Contacts, select "All Contacts", and then Select: all
    2) In the Groups pull-down, select "Add to..." then "My Contacts". There is also a "Move to My Contacts", which does the same thing.
    3) If there is a Group you wish not to display, select that group, then Select: all, then Groups->"Remove from..."->"My Contacts"

2. Paul

All you should need to do is put your contacts in the "My Contacts" group in Gmail and the ones that you do not want on your phone put into another group. I believe it only syncs the contacts that are in "My Contacts"

That is what I had to do when I synced my Touch Pro I'm still using and I don't know if the Droid Hero is the same since it's Android (waiting on my contract to end in March to get one)