How can I sync music and playlists to Samsung Galaxy S without Kies?
Question by Saumil /

I need to sync my music to Samsung Galaxy S. Kies does not work. Are there any other options? Thanks! -saumil

• Tyler Hudon

were you able to sync music AND playlists?  I can get my music transferred to my droid from songbird, but not the playlists.  any ideas?

doubleTwist is a media player itself so instead of using it as a bridge between your Android phone and iTunes you can use it as an alternative to iTunes too.

Other options are Songbird (www.getsongbird.com) or Media Monkey (www.mediamonkey.com) but I don’t know how well they sync with Android – never tested it.

foobar2000 (www.foobar2000.org) is also a very simple music player and if you are lucky you might be able to find a component (which is pretty much like a plugin) to synchronize with Android

• saumil

Hi Mike – If I sync music with say Songbird or Foobar, Which player I should use on my Samsung Galaxy S so that playlist show up ?

• Saumil

Hi Mike – Songbird worked perfectly…. atlast :)

I’m glad it worked and thanks for keeping us updated

• saumil

does it create & sync playlists??

doubleTwist is using it’s own Playlists but you are able to import existing Playlists from iTunes.

As for Android Manager I’m not sure since I don’t use iTunes on Windows.

Saumil,

did you try doubleTwist or Android Manager? Did they solve your problem? Please let us know. Thank you!

• Saumil

yes i tried but playlist keeps on disappearing….Is there an iTunes like software to sync music & playlist with Android phones?

You can use doubleTwist (www.doubletwist.com) if you only want to sync your media. Otherwise you could look into Android Manager (http://global.mobileaction.com/product/product_AM.jsp).

I haven’t tested any of those with an Galaxy S so I don’t know how well they play with the Samsung Android Firmware.