How can I sync Microsoft Word documents to my Android phone via USB connection for free?

Mark June 4, 2011

Are there any FREE apps or software that will allow me to sync my MS Word docs to my Android phone (Captivate) via a USB connection? I know it’s old school, but I wanted to keep it “in house”.

1. Sam

go documents will let you access your documents after you connect it to your usb and copy and paste everything else. Good Luck! =)

2. Raman

use puresync on your PC.
    add sync job to it  and configure it to autorun when folder is detected( usb is connected). It can even detect if your phone connect as different drive to system.
    it is free application.

i am using it all the times. it has lot of options. you can customise your sync options as you please.

3. Smayonak

Mark, I sure hope you're still checking this thread.

Docs-to-Go just got a temporary markdown to $7.99, which is the lowest I've ever seen it. If you are an on-the-go word processor user, I highly suggest picking it up at this price.

4. Smayonak

Try the Dropbox app for syncing directly between your Android phone and your documents folder.

It also helps to make the Dropbox folder on your computer the default documents folder.

Here are directions for that:

I also use the Google Docs app and the $15 Documents to Go app. They're both great, but I prefer Dropbox since it allows for offline access. Docs to Go supposed supports offline access, but it has never worked properly for me with Google Docs integration.

5. Mark O'Neill

If you have Android 2.1 or up, then use the Google Docs app :

1.Connect Droid to the PC  with USB cable.
    2.Tab or click on the USB connected notification. To access notifications you need to click at the status bar on the top of the screen and drag it down. 
    3.Click on Mount 
    4.Now Droid will appear on your computer.
     5.Now transfer the files just as your do normally copy and paste
     6.When done, go to the notifications and now touch on turn off USB storage.

`Documents to go
    which in the free version lets you read all office documents.