How can I get joystick commands to work with World of Tanks?

Fred Green May 3, 2012

I have created a profile for kybd commands to my joystick. I am trying to play World of Tanks with the joystick and not have to fumble with fingers on a keyboard in the middle of a hot tank battle.

How do I sync up my joystick profile to work with this game? I’ve tried to figure it out on my own, without much success. Your help is greatly appreciated!!

1. jim

Exactly the same question here... I haven't tried it yet but planning to have that config.. Its just that I am not going to buy a joystick not unless someone say its possible and a little bit of tutorial how to make it happen.LOL

2. Buggward

Joy2Key.

Problem solved.

3. Achraf Almouloudi

Normally the joystick driver will do it already automatically, so if you are not sure try installing it again .

4. Xai

Have you tried to remap the Joystick axis to the mouse axis? I am a bit unsure what the problem is, If your joystick profile is working you can just remap the keys, if it's not working you might want to get a program to assist the key mappings or a new joystick.

Perhaps like this?
    1) Load the game then OPTIONS / Key Bindings to adjust your controls, clear out the settings, exit game
    2) install your joystick and software for Windows
    3) Reload World of Tanks , Go back to OPTIONS / Key Bindings and set your as you see fit

In Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers, right click on your joystick and select Game Controller Settings.In the dialog that opens, you should ONLY have your joystick. If you have anything else (Virtual anything) you will need to delete it or disable.

i dont play World of Tanks, it is a suggestion.

6. Susendeep Dutta

Have you tried using Pinnacle Game profiler? It has ability to map keyboards.Although it's a sharware program,it has 30-day trial period -

http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/