How can I sync my iPhone’s email and Outlook on my desktop?

Brian Buchanan September 14, 2012

Currently I use my iPhone to check my Gmail and my website’s email. For Gmail everything works perfectly – exactly how I want it to. When I delete an email or read an email on my phone, its deleted or read on Gmail. If I read or delete on Gmail, its read or deleted on my phone. I only get notifications on my iPhone if the email is unread on Gmail , and if I read it on Gmail , the notification goes away on the iPhone .

Is there a way to make it so my iPhone and my other email (through Outlook) to work exactly the same way? Currently I’m having to use imap (would prefer to use PoP on desktop) and it is annoying when I have other emails from PoP email addresses on my desktop as well.

1. Phuong Doan

both iphone and outlook use IMAP to have such syncing systems. POP won't do

2. HLJonnalagadda

Yeah I was looking for a similar functionality and the cnet article mentioned above worked for me.

The feature you are getting from Gmail is utilizing IMAP an POP doesn't do this.Kindly have a look at the two articles below to know more and to get answer for your question -

4. Saurav Azad

please check the forum
    and if you need a email client go for sparrow