How can I sync my iPad with Photos?

Babloo August 3, 2011

I am having problems adding new photos to my iPad. I have opened iTunes, connected my iPad to my computer, and selected the device. When I go to the Photos tab, it shows the photos I have already transferred to my iPad from my iPod some time ago; I then tried to check the boxes against some new photos I want to transfer from My Pictures.

When I pressed Apply, I got an error message asking me did I really want to remove the C16 apps I have on my machine. I don’t want to say “Yes” and risk losing the apps, but I can’t seem to get any further and be able to sync my new photos. Any suggestions?

Did you perform the initial sync on another machine by any chance? It sounds like you synced intially on something else, and are now connecting to a new itunes (as iPad sees it, anyway). In that case, it will assume when you sync, you want to completely replace everything currently on the iPad. I'm afraid you can't do a half-sync (only the photos), so unless the apps are stored under the current itunes account, they will be deleted when you try to sync.