How can I sync an iPad photo album including the folder/s to my Mac?

Gerhard Tinned September 7, 2012

I have an iPad2 and used the camera connection kit to load Photos onto it. Then I created an album on the iPad.

So I know that I can easily sync the photos to my Mac and that works perfectly. And I have done it (iCloud, iTunes, … does not matter) – I have all the photos on my Mac now.

But now comes the tricky question.

How do I sync the ALBUM from my iPad to my Mac? Because the problem is, whenever you sync the photos, ALL of them get into one directory. Also iPhoto on my Mac does not show any albums from the iPad.

Is there any way to get the album out of the iPad?

1. Mazen

I couldn't sync the folders either. So I sent the photos from the folder to my email, and downloaded them on my PC, handmade solution :)

2. Gerhard Tinned

Adobe lightroom in combination with Photosmith App are promising they can do it. Will try to get my hands on those things to test it. :-)

• Gerhard Tinned

Well, good news it works. even if not 100% stable but at least somehow it works. :-) Maybe new versions get a bit more reliable and stable with synching.

Downside on that solution is the price.
      Lightroom: about $150 or €130
      Photo Smith: about $20 or €18

It a huge amount of money just for getting the photos of the iPad. :-(

3. Gerhard Tinned

As it seems so far SynMate is not able to to this. It is able to sync a directory full of images from the device and also Albums FROM MacOSX iPhonto TO the device ... but i did not find a way to sync it FROM the iPad TO the Mac!

But i am not jet done with trying all possibilities ... well keep you updated.

• Gerhard Tinned

Badly SyncMate is not able to sync Albums. :-( So it seems to be impossible at all.

4. Kavita

use sync mate..

• Gerhard Tinned

It states something about Photo syncing ... but i am not shure if it synces the album assignment as well. The bad thing is that this feature is only in the payed version. I am not sure if there is a possibility to try it first to check if it can do what i need.

Will let you know.

5. Gerhard Tinned

Thanks ha14!!!

I tried Wireless Transfer App and it seems that it gives you the possibility to download each "Event" separately. But not the Album. :-( It kind of calls it album but ... it is just the Event.

Ayn other ideas how i can sort my Camera Connection Kit photos and then sync the sorted result onto my mac?

What i want to do is the following ...

1.) I have photos on my Camera.

2.) The photos will be synched with the camera connection kit to the iPad

3.) Then i open an App and decide what photos i like and what i don't like. (currently i tried it with creating an Album)

4.) When i am back home i sync it with my mac

5.) I open a Application on my Mac and i will have somehow ALL the photos on my Mac. And the one i like should be somehow separated. (marked, different directory, ... whatever)

This is what i search. Has someone an idea of how i can do this with my iPad???

see if Wireless can help
    Wireless Transfer App
    http://www.wirelesstransferapp.com/

iOS: Importing personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083

7. Rishabh Arora

No, albums won't show as they are on your PC. You will have to sort.