How can I sync BitTorrent downloads between two computers?
Question by Sahil Dave /

I have a laptop and a desktop at my home. I usually download using my desktop at night only, but sometimes I have to do with my laptop as well. I avoid doing it by laptop as I don’t want to over-burden my laptop by keeping it on AC power all through the night.

Therefore, I thought of asking whether there is any sort of software, which can do something like this:

1. Start download on any of the two systems and the data gets synced on both systems.
2. Don’t need to use software like Windows Live Mesh or any other syncing software that I have.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , ; or ask your own question.

• Vipul_bhatia

Its easy to do it in utorrent.
    1. Go to utorrent.
    2. In options, find the target download folder. Lets call this Dest-Comp1 (Its best if you set it to some folder which is easy for you to reach.)
    3. Now just copy the incomplete download from Dest-Comp1 from the computer on which utorrent has downloaded 40% of the file to the Dest-Comp2 on the second computer.
    4. Now double click the torrent on the second comp and then click stop. Right click and select “Force check”.
    5. Thats all. utorrent on the second comp will show you 40% after the check.

This works even when you are formatting a comp.

Hi
    you can use a backup soft to backup C:Documents and SettingsYOUApplication DatabitTorrent . Then use the same backup soft into the other pc and then restore to the same path. Start your bittorent

or

You need

•The .torrent file

•The data downloaded so far

Move the data to the download folder on the new computer and add the torrent file. It should check the directory and notice that data is there. It should hash verify that data and continue downloading where you left off.

or
    open the .torrent file with your “other” client (file then add torrent?),
    and save the contents of the torrent in the exact same location as you did for your previous client,

if done correctly, your client will check for the %data already downloaded, and then resume.

well try this

just copy the files itself, and the .torrents files to the other computer
    then drag the .torrents files into Bittorrent
    and it will automatically continue the download

also Transferring the data is only half the step for moving the torrent + data to a new computer. If you know where the torrent came from re-download it on the new computer and open it with UT or save it and load it from Ctrl-O.
    If you don’t know where it came from you will have to check %APPDATA%BitTorrent for the torrent corresponding to the file you copied.

you can try utorrent
    http://www.utorrent.com/intl/fr/documentation/migrate

• Sahil Dave

i couldnt understand about Grsync….
      i wanted something like for eg :
      1. i start downloading ubuntu iso image and download 40 % on my Laptop.
      2. when i get back home i want to download it by my computer.
      3. i start my computer and the download of ubuntu iso image starts at 40% on my computer.

i want this type of syncing. i just cant keep my computer turned on all day just to download, my parents would kick me out of the house. :P

You can setup a FreeNAS server on your home network to download your torrents. This would require a separate computer though. This is the best way I can think of, If you are familiar with Berkeley Unix.