Is there a way to make Swype for Android smarter?

Trevor Munson September 27, 2012

I have Swype for Android, and it has revolutionized the way I send texts and emails…sort of. Is there a way to make it smarter? As in an app that tracks what words I use frequently, and recommend them above very uncommon words? I’m using Gingerbread.

1. VS Vishnu
  2. Jack Hecker

The latest beta does this well. Not only on frequency, but on the next word you are likely to type based on the word you just typed.

Unfortunately you have to root your phone to remove the version that came with it, and also add yourself to the waitlist so you can download the latest beta.

3. DalSan Mack

You can go into the settings and add/delete words in your dictionary, change suggested word settings, and change setting for speed over accuracy. Other than that, not exactly sure how to make it "smarter", but it is supposed to "learn" from the way you use it and use more if the words that you commonly use. Also, view the demo and tutorial videos included with Swype to help you learn how to Swype more effectively.I was well adjusted to using Swype, but learned more from the tutorial video, which helped reduce typos and autocorrect fails.