How can I switch a printer from offline to online?
Question by Daniel Chiphazi /

How can I turn a HP Laserjet 3050 printer that is shared on my network from offline to online?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

Hello, you could try the following:
    — click on start
    — click on control panel
    — click on hardware and sound
    — click on devices and printers
    — locate your printer icon
    — right click on printer icon
    — find and make sure to click on the following:  Use Printer Online
    — most times it is just a matter of taking the checkmark of offline option

If it is a wireless printer they could be other things making the printer go offline.  For example, there might be problems connecting to network.  I do not think you have a wireless printer though…..

• Erica Castro

Hi, I have a question hope you can help

I have a laptop and is sharing a printer the only thing is that when i try printing it says offline and does not print. the laptop im using is the main computer for the shared printer and of course it is on. i have also checked the steps you provided above and it is on. what else can i try doing to solve my probleam? Please help

You should also provide you windows version.

perhaps this can help
      http://computerchimp.com/troubleshooting/assigning-an-hp-network-printer-a-fixed-ip-address.html

1. goto devices and printers
      2. Select the printer you are having problems with and right click on it and select “printer properties”
      3. Select the ports tab
      4. Select “configure port”
      5. Uncheck “SNMP Status Enabled” and press ok.

A computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 intermittently cannot use a shared network printer to print
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-US;2388142