How can I switch off the memorable status notifications in Facebook?

Anne March 27, 2011

I really hate old statuses being shown to friends when they press Notifications. Some are so old, they refer to a former relationship. Can they be switched off please?

1. Phil Young

another possible way is to go back and try to delete the statuses off of your wall,that might work if facebook can't see the statuses, it should'nt be able to show them

• Gkmage

thats not true Phil as facebook has a server of your status updates and keeps for about a year or so along with other stuff like photos you may have deleted..

2. Phil Young

If you use chrome with adblock you won't be able to see the statuses ,but don't know any way to stop yours showing to other people

Hi

go to Facebook’s privacy options, deselect “Remove My Relationship Status” then, in your profile settings, change “In a Relationship” back to its default setting “Select Status”.

• Anne

No, this does not stop so-called 'memorable status updates' showing. Try pressing Notifications on the Home page or your Profile page. Then click on one of the Notifications and you will see your friend's Memorable Status Updates on the top right-hand side. Therefore any friends can see mine too!
      These are the ones I want deleted.