Why are subtitles never synced with my movie in KM Player?

RJ January 15, 2011

Whenever I download subtitles for any movie from allsubs.org, they go out of sync when I play the movie in KM Player. How can I fix that?

1. subtitle

not all subtitle you can use, please check it first.. the srt file

Also check out SubtitleSync

3. Osama

use subscene.com to download subtitles and try another subtitle file if one is not syncronised. there are many available for one movie

You have to bear in mind that subtitles are synchronzied to a specific video file. If your video file doesn't match the one used to create these subtitles the timing will be off.

Allsubs offers an online tool which helps synchronizing subtitles that don't match your video file: http://www.allsubs.org/subtitles/synchronize-subtitles
    The options are limited and only account for certain differences (short or longer intro = offset, different frames per second)

For other differences like removed/added scenes (different cut) you will have to adjust the subtitles manually as Tina suggested.

In KM Player you can use keyboard shortcuts to resync subtitles. Press ALT + Y to resync, then click the [ or ] key to adjust the subtitles. You can also open the Subtitles Explorer pressing ALT + Q.

Did that help?

• Dr Abdullah

It worked tina.Thanks a lot.

My pleasure!