Why can’t I submit links to Reddit?
Question by Ibrahim Nadir /

Hi,

I am running a blog and when I write a new article I put links on social media but I am having problem putting articles on Reddit. It has been abt 5-6 days since I have put a link on Reddit and the site says you can post links that often.

I made two accounts and none of them is letting me. What can I do?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , ; or ask your own question.

• Kristjan Tiirik

If you can’t submit anything, you might be banned. Log out and type the url for you account. If you get a 404 page, you are banned.
    If you are only unable to submit one page, it might be stuck in the spamfilter. If you feel that your link doesn’t violate any rules and actually would have something to offer, you can always contact the moderators and ask if they could release it. You can find a link “message the moderators” on the sidebar of a the subreddit you are having trouble with.

• Kwadwo Mireku

How do you know if you are shadowbanned?

• Christopher Webb

Check to make sure that you haven’t been shadowbanned.

• dhanunjayarao chunduri

Reddit doesn’t like it when people simply submit links to their own work – you need to actively participate in the conversation. You’ve probably been blocked for reasons related to this.

Well firstly, don’t submit links to your own blog. That’s a cardinal sin for using Reddit, and if you’ve been discovered then it’s likely the system has now marked you as a self serving spammer. So, sorry, but you’re not going to get any help from us.

(Exception: You actually participate in reddit too, submitting OTHER content, and NOT JUST your own).

Solution: create content WORTH submitting, and someone will submit it.

• Justin Pot

James is right: Reddit doesn’t like it when people simply submit links to their own work – you need to actively participate in the conversation. You’ve probably been blocked for reasons related to this.

• Ibrahim Nadir

thanks Justin!

• Christopher Webb

I would say it depends on what you are creating. I have a blog that has tutorials for Mac users. I post links to it on /r/GeekTool and /r/osxterminal sections on reddit. Seeing as how they are easy to understand tutorials that help redditors for free I don’t get too much flak about it. I try to keep my postings to a minimal amount as to not overuse my welcome. It really depends on the content. If its extremely helpful in the sense of a well made tutorial, if you post it in a very on-topic place it can be well received. Otherwise you are probably better off letting people discover it on their own.

• Ibrahim Nadir

hmnmn then i need to make a new account… :(
      you know… when for the first time i submitted two links to reddit. My usualy traffic being a new website was around 150-200 and reddit took it to 850 lol. bt jst for two days. After that i started putting links and i got one or two links. So from now on i need to be on reddit and see other people’s links and share them too to put my links too… lets see… thanks for the advice James!

• Ibrahim Nadir

I guess my content ain’t that bad… I don’t write an article just to write it. although my english is weak but still, i try to write quality stuf… (at least at my level of quality.)