What should I do about a stuck green pixel on my laptop screen?
Question by Lunar Bluestar /

First off, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Two days ago, a single green stuck pixel appeared while I was playing Mount & Blade (fun game, btw). This bothered me because I had just bought this laptop a few weeks ago (between 3 weeks and a month ago).

After switching games a few times, I noticed that more started appearing at random across the screen, with no real pattern to discern. This morning, I turned it on tow see over 20 stuck green pixels.
After playing with it a bit with different helpful tools from this site (http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-software-solutions-to-fix-a-stuck-pixel-on-your-lcd-monitor/) I established that about half of them would faze out and in depending on monitor use (changing pages, minimizing things, pop-up windows and alerts, etc) but after a while they would come back.

I know they aren’t dead, so to speak, as they all sometimes disappear when I start Battle For Endor v2.1, then three appear around a very small section of the center of the screen (where the radar is, if you know what game I’m talking about).

I’ve come to the conclusion that this isn’t normal in the slightest when it comes to stuck pixels.

Could someone help me please? Or at least point me in a direction I can go? Thanks.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , ; or ask your own question.

• OP

I discovered after doing the above ideas that they were artifacting pixels, and I had to RMA it back to the company I bought it from. I came to this conclussion from the fact that it started appearing in an alternate screen as well (I hooked up a monitor to it for two screens and they started showing up on that one too, in different random spots). Oh well, good thing I was in my thirty days still.

Hello, if you can prove that it is a common occurrence in your laptop and you still have the warranty you can take it back and get it replaced.  Most times the manufacturers replace the laptop it there are more than three dead pixels on the screen.  You could also try downloading and burning the dvd image to see if it helps:

http://www.jscreenfix.com/video.php

Sometimes by pressing gently on the stuck pixel, makes it go away.

turn off laptop, reomve the battery hold the power on for 5 minutes add the batery and restart laptop.