Lunar Bluestar

What should I do about a stuck green pixel on my laptop screen?

14 Oct 2011
14 Oct 2011 | |

First off, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Two days ago, a single green stuck pixel appeared while I was playing Mount & Blade (fun game, btw). This bothered me because I had just bought this laptop a few weeks ago (between 3 weeks and a month ago).

After switching games a few times, I noticed that more started appearing at random across the screen, with no real pattern to discern. This morning, I turned it on tow see over 20 stuck green pixels.
After playing with it a bit with different helpful tools from this site (http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-software-solutions-to-fix-a-stuck-pixel-on-your-lcd-monitor/) I established that about half of them would faze out and in depending on monitor use (changing pages, minimizing things, pop-up windows and alerts, etc) but after a while they would come back.

I know they aren’t dead, so to speak, as they all sometimes disappear when I start Battle For Endor v2.1, then three appear around a very small section of the center of the screen (where the radar is, if you know what game I’m talking about).

I’ve come to the conclusion that this isn’t normal in the slightest when it comes to stuck pixels.

Could someone help me please? Or at least point me in a direction I can go? Thanks.