Why won’t street view work on Google Maps?

Jimmy Jenson September 14, 2012

I don’t get street view, I move the man there, but it just shows flat background. What is wrong?

1. Doreen

I can't get the 'little man' to work on google maps - help!

2. Fannybaws

It's not coming up on my
    Phone anymore
    Either since I updated in places tht usually have street view

3. Christopher Webb-Orenstein

Do you have your javascript in the browser disabled or is it working?

4. Harish Jonnalagadda

Yeah it would either be an issue with the browser, or the fact that Street View is just not available for the location.

5. Rob Hindle

I'm finding street view useless in MSIE9 but absolutely fine for the same area in Firefox, Chrome, Safari.
    In MSIE I sometimes just get a black screen and moving the mouse around bits of the image appear and disappear.

6. Kao Vang

Make sure you see blue lines on the map when you drag the yellow stick figure on the left side. If not, then the street view is not available. Note that the blue lines does not determine the area of street view but rather the exact places where street view is available.

7. Benjamin Trotter

Either no street view, or your system is slow and you need to hover the streetview icon over the location for a few then drop it.

8. Ahmed Khalil

is it must to see on line acting when use street view!

9. Saurav Azad

there might not be street view available for the area you are searching for!!!

Privacy feature

perhaps it is the security level

perhaps you have some extension on chrome, or adblock and even your security tool or firewall can do this.

11. Erlis Dhima

Probably in the place you are searching in google, there is no street view!
    What street view is, is that certain people take photos in a 360 degree angle, and create like an real look of the place.. Than, the guys at Google Maps, turn them in a software type, where you can walk on 'photos'...
    If I want to walk in street view in my country, for example, I can't, since no one ever took a photo for this reason! So, I can watch only a small view of houses via google maps > satellite.
    Maybe this is your problem too!