What streaming video conference server can I use that works through a web browser?

venkatp16 September 13, 2012

Hi, I’m looking for a streaming server which captures video conference (audio/video) and plays in a web browser.

Also is there a desktop client/web client which supports more than 25 participants to have web conference (video must)?

1. HLJonnalagadda

So many to choose from. MegaMeeting and Zoho Meeting seem to be the best browser-based alternatives, while TokBox is also quite good.

2. Erlis Dhima

I would also recommend Google+
    :)

3. Gian Singh

Skype, but it is desktop application, social networks have that and i think there is a service called join me.

4. Michael Oliver

Webex works pretty well for that.

5. punkrockscience

Google plus is going to be the easiest, most lightweight, fastest to set up option, hands-down.

6. Truefire_

Cisco Webex if you need pro-grade stuff. Even has mobile apps. http://www.webex.com

7. Mel Reynolds
  8. Justin Pot

Google's Hangouts are the best browser-based videoconferencing I know of. You'll need Google Plus in order to use it.

If you want more than 25 people in a video conference you're going to have to pay for it, though I'd be delighted to be wrong about that. I don't even know of a paid client that supports that many people...

• Truefire_

Google Plus is totally the best free option!

• venkatp16

Thanks.. and also i've a lifesize VC device and i want to stream the meeting through a web broswer. Is there is any option for this?

• Caroline Le Brun

I would highly recommend looking into a Video Managed Services Provider. They would offer a hosting service with bridging capabilities in addition to recording, archiving and streaming the sessions.
        Some other questions that would be pertinent to finding the right solution for your needs are:
        1. Is this a one time request? or will you be requiring this type of setup on a regular basis?
        2. What are the other systems connecting with your LifeSize system?
        3. Will you be also manipulating presentations or other documents during the session?
        4. Do you require the participants to be interactive with the speaker or simply listen and watch the presentation?
        I could come up with a lot more questions that would help better pinpoint the right solution for your requirement.
        We are a VMS provider located in Canada and get these types of requests all the time. Let me know if I can be of further help.
        https://www.cbcitelecom.com

- Caroline

9. StefanyBaez

twitcam, best option.