How can I stream my own radio station online?
Question by Mao Piseth /

Does anyone here know how to stream radio online? I have my own radio station at my organization and I want to make it listenable online. If anyone knows, please can you show me how?

• Jeremy

Don’t forget about Shoutcast. It’s free and a good alternative.

• Joe Collins

From searching out radio stations over the last few years the best diversity and most
    reliable was iTunes FREE RADIO stations from all over the world. Every catagorie and
    every genre is there and it’s absolutely FREE. I might be old fashioned but when I find
    something I can rely on I stick by it.

• Jer Roe

I use songza . Make ur own free station similiar to pandora

If you see this, your SHOUTcast server cannot get out of your network, it’s either you have a firewall blocking it or you haven’t forwarded ports. You’ll need to forward ports 8000 & 8001 to get out. You can try for step-by-step instructions on how to forward that. If you’re still having troubles or you need more information then try these two tutorials to help:

Using vista or Windows 7 and having trouble saving settings in the dsp?
    Right click on the Winamp icon and select “Run as Administrator”

maybe this video can help you this Setup of Your Router’s Port Forwards shareaware this to check the status of your portsCould you try thisHow to create an internet radio station thiswe may need to start again.!. open up traktorin the broadcasting section check the use direct connection (no proxy) boxIn server settings set address to 127,0,0,1 <- use dots not commas Port should be 8000Set password to hackme for easeselect bit rate i use 44100 @192Save and close2 uninstall Icecast3 Reboot PC4 reinstall icecast. ### I .5 open up the configuration file in icecast the only thing you need to change is the relay section mount path from example.ogg to live .ogg127.0.0.18001/live.ogg/different.ogg00save it and close the configuration the start server button6 In traktor press the broadcast button if all is well it should stay lit. If not a) your doing it wrong.b) computers hate you.Load a track into deck a and start playing it push crossfader to left.7 open up winamp and play the url 127,0,0,1:8000/live.ogg <– again use dots not should prebuffer and then start playing you should see the track name appear in winamp and if the volume is up you should here your track with a slight delay.the volume in winamp can be muted when broadcasting to a shoutcast server it does NOT need to be up at need the shoutcast DSP plugin for winamp.Type in whatever server settings are necessary A couple things with the shoutcast plugin – in the encoder tab you need to set it to mp3 NOT AAC- bitrate is usually 128 @ 44100 khz – on the input tab set the input to winamp NOT soundcard.The Output tab is where you put the server details you are trying to connect to….You should be done..

• Pisethinfo

Thank you very much for your great tutorial. The first URL gave me a lot of hope and I could just do everything I was instructed to do. However, I got stuck at PORT FORWARDING. I don’t know how to do this. More instruction on how to get this done would be highly appreciated! Thanks in advance for future help.

• Bakari

Check out our MUO article on this subject:
    How To Start Your Own Internet Radio Station With Shoutcast

Also check another source called: and

Hope these help.