Why are strangers showing on my Yahoo contact list?

Nouri Alnahawi May 17, 2012

So here’s the thing. A while ago I added some people from my yahoo-mail address book to my yahoo messenger list using that “find friends” or “add new friends” option. I can’t remember exactly. Anyway, nothing happened later, except that the I got some reply message – which I didn’t actually read and pressed okay right away – from the very person I wanted to add the most of all ;p Now, all these people are in my list, in addition to that one person, but I don’t really know if SHE’S on messenger at all to begin with. Any ideas guys ?!?! :)

1. Smilee Burnett

It is possible that all her friends were added to your list because you added her. I don't use yahoo, but maybe there is ways you can be more restfulness
    when adding someone.

2. Saikat Basu

Check the profiles of all those on the messenger list. The email IDs will be mentioned. You can sort your Messenger list by First Name, Last Name, Use the Find box to search the name you are looking for.

When searching for a contact, Messenger looks through the displayed name, which could be the first name, last name, first and last name, nickname, or Yahoo! ID. Be sure you search on the displayed name. For example, if the Address Book displays "Haly Keim," type "Haly" or "Keim" in the Find box. Entering Haly Keim’s Yahoo! ID will fail.

• Nouri Alnahawi

So, I checked, and this person has a Yahoo Profile. But it's really silly because these new yahoo profiles are completely worthless. I wonder whatever happened to Yahoo Pulse !! Anyway, what should I do now ?