How can I stop Safari 5 from crashing?

Kwan Kit April 15, 2011

I have downloaded Safari 5 from Apple’s website and installed it onto my Windows Vista PC. The nettling problem is that it will always crash as soon as it loads up. If I were to downgrade to Safari 4, almost no extensions can be compatible with it.

How can I fix this problem?

Kwan,

were you able to identify what crashed Safari or fix the problem? Let us know how you did it or whether you need more help. Thank you!

Hello, Have you tried running Safari in compatibility mode? Usually when you have crashes happening with specific applications and when the computer works really slow when using said applications, then it is a good idea to try and run them on compatibility mode. To start the browser in compatibility mode you can do the following:

-- right click browser's icon
    -- select properties
    -- on menu, open compatibility tab
    -- put a mark on option Run the application in compatibility mode
    -- select an operating system like Windows XP
    -- save and apply the settings
    -- restart computer and open browser to check if it crashes

Another possible cause of the problem could be the extensions installed. I doubt if that is your case because I am assuming the crashing started as soon as you installed the browser.

You could also try uninstalling the browser completely and download/install it again.