How can I stop Pandora from skipping?
Question by Christina /

How can I stop Pandora from skipping?

• David Ball

Why does this station. Freeze up on first song even. When u change station

Hello, what browser do you use?  Sometimes it helps to keep as few tabs open as possible when you are trying to play streaming music and video.  Also make sure to clean browsing history in your browser.  Try the following as a test:

— open your browser
    — click on tools
    — select clean browser history
    — select all options provided
    — restart browser
    — try playing your video/music
    — did it help?

There are other things you could try:

— choose lower quality
    — start video download, go for a walk and then play
    — try removing unwanted/uneeded add-ons
    — try removing unneded toolbars
    — keep your flash player updated
    — keep drivers updated

If you have a decent graphics card installed, you could try enabling hardware acceleration in flash player.  To do so, try the following:

— open your browser
    — navigate to youtube
    — choose a video to play
    — right click on video background
    — click on settings
    — check mark, enable hardware acceleration

Of course, the one true solution would be to update your internet package to a faster speed.

• David

My Pandora works on my lap top well but when I bought a Play station 3 and went to the Pandoras web site from the PS3 and signed in I get occsaional skips(short skips mutible times in songs). This doesn’t happen when I listen with my computer. I have Comcast high speed internet.

• Susendeep Dutta

Update your PS3 to latest firmware.I think that if you’re streaming via router then the router might not be able to serve files faster than MB/s.Try to test your PC and router and find more info in the link below –

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1532446

• Dave Parrack

You could always try Spotify Radio instead, as long as you’re resident in a country it’s arrived in already.  http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/discover-music-free-improved-spotify-radio/

• Christina

someone told me my pc had a ‘buffering’ problem.  Pandora has always worked perfectly and about a month ago my computer crashed.  So now that I have it back any kind of audio doesn’t play ‘smoothly’.  By skipping, I mean the music that is playing goes in & out.  This happens on my YouTube also….any suggestions?? I am not a computer tech !!! lol

• Karkala Nayak

Hello Christine,
      Buffering issues are common.  
      1)The first cause is that the songs clients are trying to stream are ripped at a bit rate lower than the stream setting. 
      2)The second cause is that the person tuning in has very slow internet connection. 

It is the upload issue, if all those streaming cannot keep the buffer full.  
      AND
      It is a download issue, if a singular person, or only some, tuning in cannot keep the buffer full.

You can also tune in yourself to see if you have trouble buffering.  If you have buffering issues again, it is the bit rate or your internet connection.  If it works well for you but not for others, then internet connection is too slow in that other’s download and it is causing the tuning problems.

Check your internet connection(Faster the Better)

I hope it helped
      :)

Hello, what browser do you use?  Sometimes it helps to keep as few tabs
      open as possible when you are trying to play streaming music and video. 
      Also make sure to clean browsing history in your browser.  Try the
      following as a test:

— open your browser
      — click on tools
      — select clean browser history
      — select all options provided
      — restart browser
      — try playing your video/music
      — did it help?

There are other things you could try:

— choose lower quality
      — try removing unwanted/uneeded add-ons
      — try removing unneded toolbars
      — keep your flash player updated
      — keep drivers updated

If
      you have a decent graphics card installed, you could try enabling
      hardware acceleration in flash player.  To do so, try the following:

— open your browser
      — navigate to youtube
      — choose a video to play
      — right click on video background
      — click on settings

Hello, is this happening in a mobile phone or in your computer?  If it is happening in a mobile phone, you could try cleaning data and cache for app.  If that does not work you could try uninstalling and then reinstalling.  Do you have the paid subscription or a free account?

http://nerdtrek.com/stop-pandora-ads/
    To skip any ad simply hit F5 twice (refresh) while on the Pandora page. This will refresh their page and jump directly into the next song. You can also use this to circumvent their limitations on the number of skips per day.

• Karkala Nayak

Hello Christine,

Free Pandora accounts permit 6 skips per hour per station, for up to 12 total skips per day across all stations. The daily skip limit helps Pandora prevent having to pay royalties on songs that are not being heard.

Upgrading to Pandora One will remove the daily skip limit (although the 6 skips per hour per station limit will remain in place). You can learn more about Pandora One in this below link

http://help.pandora.com/customer/portal/articles/84834

I hope it helped 
    :)

• Cat

I think she means its skipping when the songs are playing- like a CD that’s scratched or a video that is buffering. I’m having the same issue, but pausing it to let it buffer and re-loading the page doesn’t seem to work. I’m on a PC using Google Chrome.