How can I stop Internet Explorer 9 from sorting favorites alphabetically?
Question by micah /

Looking for info on how to keep the bookmarks order in my Favorites Bar using Internet Explorer 9.

I want the bar to maintain the order of bookmarks that I set. After a time IE9 alphabetizes the bookmarks.

Thanks.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , , ; tagged , , .
Awesome Webs & Tips
Awesome Webs & Tips
Stay Incognito On The Web
Stay Incognito On The Web
Windows Tips
Windows Tips
Windows_10
Windows_10
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Online Security Tips
Online Security Tips
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
Mac OS X & Software
Mac OS X & Software
New Security Breaches
New Security Breaches

• Bob Tate

Use Bookmark Flash to manage your bookmarks instead of the original one for IE .

• Rick

Hey, Mike’s recommendation sorted my out IE problem (albeit vers 8). I was going mad trying to find out which setting in CCleaner was causing the Favourites Bar to re-organise itself into alphabetical order

May thanks

• Rick

May thanks

Micah,

did Mike’s tip resolve the problem with Internet Explorer? Please let us know!

• Davidhnj

It certainly didn’t help me.  I have the same problem and I’m not running any programs I didn’t have before upgrading from IE8 to IE9.  And I’ve tried sorting from 4 places and re-setting IE, but they won’t stay put.  Odd thing, the items in the favorite bar (Links) stay in order, as do the items IN the folders that are under favorites.  However, the folders and the rest of the favorites keep reordering to alpha with each new session, and sometimes with just a new tab.  I checked in Internet Options in Tools, and a few other settings dialog boxes in Vista, but nothing works.  Is it time to revert to IE8 or switch to Chrome?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David

Is it possible you are running CCleaner?
    If you do so make sure the advanced option “Menu Order Cache” is not selected.