How can I stop my friend from hacking my AOL email?

christine November 25, 2011

My friend keeps having into my AOL email. I have proof because he has printed old emails I’ve sent and showed me. I’ve changed my password loads of times but he says he just gets in the back way as AOL would do if they had to. I find this offensive and need to do something about it.

And you still refer to him as your friend? Wow!

Security question will not give the password but, if the password is reset every time, then it is possible, as secutity question will give an option to set a new password.

Christine, which browser do you use? do you save your passwords in your browser? don't do it if you do.
    change password and delete saved passwords from the browser.

3. jhpot

Honestly,  you probably just need to change your secret question to something better. That's probably what he's using to get in.

he showed you sent items...were they in form of of sent mail or inbox ?
    may be he has hacked account of the person you sent the mails.
    change password.
    and
    use on screen keyboard to enter new password, so key logger cannot steal it.

use https
    i am not sure how aol works, but if he has hacked your email once, and you changes your  password, previous session should get destroyed. and your hacked session will be logged out.

and one thing you must do,
    switch to gmail.

and then let's see what your smart friend can do.

and i think he does not want to harm you, else he would not have told you this. he is just teasing you.
    i dont know much about aol but once you start using gmail, things will change for sure.

Hello, have you tried using a different email account?  If you have tried, can your so called friend access it too?  I guess you should choose better friends.....

• fran walker

amen to that he is not who i thought he was ?????????????????????and ashame to tell my age and occupation I have been stupid. I give up have reported him and nobodies cares cant get back to work sled got computers and my local computer service and sales wont sell me another until the l enforcement stops the hacking. I think they want to make this into personal and its stealing i have all sorts of things popping up on this computer and things are steal happening to my phone im the one that gets the lies. thanks for the advice thats what i say to anyone that ever ask about him i need to write a book i researched his ever statement hes a liar

try to use antilogger
    http://www.zemana.com/

The SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption works when you press the 'log on' or 'submit' button to send your username and password to the website.Zemana Antilogger intercepts at this point and blocks the applications which try to record data before the encryption takes place.

Hi Christine,

He probably installed malware onto your computer. Please go to a secure system and change your password. Be sure not to log in on your current computer. On your current (presumed infected computer), download and install malwarebytes. Once installed, update it and perform a "full scan". 

If you do not currently have a firewall, please install one. I recommend Comodo Firewall. It's absolutely vital that you sort through all the requests that your firewall alerts you of. If you don't know what something is, don't allow it out. 

Lastly, install HiJack This 2.04. Once open, in the middle of the bottom press "Main Menu". Then press "Do a system scan and save a log file". Then, copy this text file to Pastebin and paste the link to it here and I will sort through it. This will allow me to tell if anything is running which shouldn't be.

- Jeff