How can I stop Facebook from automatically sharing my updates with friends?

Denise Eichelmann November 4, 2011

When I go on a community facebook page and comment or add a photo, the comment I make appears to all my friends. How can I stop this?

1. Payton_vege

Amazing write-up! This could aid plenty of people find out more about this particular issue. Are you keen to integrate video clips coupled with these? It would absolutely help out. Your conclusion was spot on and thanks to you; I probably won’t have to describe everything to my pals. I can simply direct them here!

You can't - thats kind of core functionaity of facebook. If you dont want your interactions with other facebook entities to be published on facebook, dont interact via facebook. Try email instead. Sorry I dont have a better answer, but thats kind of what this whole social networking thing is about. You socialize, and its gets shown to everyone. 

see the attached image, go to your profile and choose to hide all activities, you will have to it for all type of activities.
    so now anybody visiting your profile will not see.

Does it stops fb from showing your activities to news feed/ticker.
    my experience says NO.

I tried to do this once, still one of my friend who was not allowed to see anything on my profile could be able to see that I commented on a friend's profile who had public settings.
    restricted group did not exist at that time, so I had created one for me.
    you can try adding some friends to restricted group, but the problem is, they can see public updates, and comments on something public is a public update.

so try this once if it works for you, it will definitely work for the profile visitors, if not for news feed/ticker.

But try not to comment on a page, open group, and a friend who has public settings as much as possible.

4. Agustin

I have the same doubt... Every time I "like" a picture, everyone knows it...

The bad thing is I don't think it is possible to hide this kind of activity...