How can I stop my computer from crashing when I work with Photoshop CS4?

josh February 15, 2011

How can I prevent my computer from stop functioning when working on Photoshop CS4? I am using a 64-bit machine with a processing speed of 3.2 GHz and a memory of up to 2 GB.

1. Rachel

nobody knows buddy.

Hey Josh,

Were you able to find out what has been causing your PC to crash? Didi you find suggestions above helpful? Let us know.

Aibek

Hello, you might want to read the link I am providing. Check the information on this link with you computer specs:
    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/404/kb404898.html

If in preferences you have selected to dedicate PS to 500mb of RAM, When the computer starts needing the 500mb dedicated to photoshop, it will terminate photoshop,

1) Disabling Open GL drawing in the Photoshop CS4
    2) Increasing and decreasing the memory allocation in PS
    3) disabling the antivirus that you are using at the time when you are using the Photoshop CS4
    4) Update your video graphic drive, reinstal if you can, GPU acceleration enabled
    5)Disabling the Aero theme
    6)corrupt font in there. Try reinstalling them all;C:Program FilesCommon FilesAdobeFonts
    7) Reinstal Adobe

You probably have alot of background services running

Use the Windows Task Manager ( Ctrl + Shift + Esc ) to see what is running and taking up all of your resources.

I would start with the basics..............add more RAM to your system. There could be other issues but without knowing more info is hard to tell.