How can I stop my computer to constantly buffer videos?
Question by Pat /

I cannot look at a video or a TV program without my computer stopping every minute or so to buffer. Is there anyway around this problem?

• Jack Cola

I would have to say it will be your internet connection, not your computer. For example, if you are on dialup trying to watch a video that is 1gb, forget it.

But to stop it buffering, pause it so it loads (downloads) the entire video, and then click play.

• Fin

Pausing does not help mine.

• Peaches

Doesn’t help mine either and i have fast acess internet with hughs net…it’s the only thing i have slow acess with..it just keeps buffering and freezing up every few seconds no matter how long i pause, or defragment or clean up my pc.

• Kev

Same with my Hughes net

• Terry Anderson

As asktheadmin said above, it’s not necessarily your computer, rather a slow Internet connection.

Other than upgrading your Internet package with your provider, try using Google DNS to slightly improve loading speeds ( although this won’t hugely improve your speed, it will certainly help )

Also, when loading videos on sites such as Youtube, make sure you aren’t running any other Internet Hogging applications ( utorrent for example ) at the same time.

It sounds like you have a slow intenet connection try pausing the video and letting it buffer for a few minutes then play it.

• Jessica Cam W.

Have you tried Ccleaner? It’s like an improved Disk Cleanup utility. This cleans unused files in your PC so it might help, along with defragging your computer often. Before you Ccleaner, just create a System Restore point just in case, and back up your important files.