How can I stop comment I make elsewhere from showing on my Facebook profile?
Question by FB user /

When I make comments on my friends’ picture or status, it appears on my profile for all my friends to see. How do I stop that?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , ; or ask your own question.

• cat

intermittently, facebook allows users to erase an activity from their profiles AND from their friends feeds, it seems to me a super important feature as it allows to comment on things the user don’t want to promote and spread, a while ago it was obtained by petition! i think we should start a petition again and this time asking that any future “upgrade” of the site will respect it…

Recent activity and friend feeds are not connected, you have the control over recent activity,
      But you can’t stop them from appearing on feeds.

Also note that recent activity is visible to only those who can see the both ends of interaction.

You will have to make sure, where are you commenting,
      if the friend on whose pic you are commenting has privacy settings, it will be much safer ‘to your privacy,
      it wont be visible as your recent activity to anybody except those mutual friends who can view the pic,
      but if he doesn’t hide it, you can’t hide it.

click on profile, now there will be all those comment like etc activities on your profile page.
    if you move your cursor to its right, you will see a cross x mark , click it
    there will be two option on drop down link..if you click the first only that particular activity will be removed,
    second choice will set your profile to never show comment activites or like activities or friend activities.
    Now anyone who visits your profile will not see the removed activity rom your profile.

it will be displayed on the news feed and ticker of your friends, if they are able to view the post you like or comment on.
    You can not do anything about this, but it will be for only some time as feed will be updated, and your activity will no longer display on news feed of your friends.

both are different things and you can remove the activity which is permanent, and you cant control the personal.