How do I stop buffering on my HTC EVO 4G phone?
Question by brent tucker /

• Jeff

Hi Brent,

Buffering (a normal process in video rending) occurs when a video is attempting to render a segment in the video stream that your network hasn’t yet downloaded. To “fix” this, when you open the video, press pause immediately. Then give the video time to buffer before pressing play. Depending on your network speed and the video’s length, twenty seconds should be fine. You generally just want to offset the video playback and rendering so that you can viably play the video, whilst still rendering the video (without having to pause).

If YouTube is receiving a lot of traffic, this can take longer. If the video playback renders, but is choppy, reload the webpage and try again. Clearing your browser cache and using a faster network will help dramatically.

– Jeff