Why does Steady State trash my Live Mail?

Alan July 12, 2010

Can somebody help me please?

Background: I recently cleaned up my computer (clean install Windows XP-SP3) and wanted to use MS “Steady State” to keep it clean. I have installed Window Live Mail as my mail client.

Problem: Every time I start my computer and then start Windows Live Mail, WLM asks me to download the folders structure and then it downloads every single mail every time. (churn / churn / churn!

Question: Without de-installing Steady State, how can I avoid all my mail getting lost every time I start the computer which also means I cannot read any mail off-line?

Is there some easy setting somewhere so that all my mail goes to an external drive or something?

Hey Alan,

Did you manage to figure out the solution to your problem? Let us know.

Aibek

2. vhick

I think you cannot do that in Steady State. As far as I know, there is no option in excluding your files and folders in Steady State. If there is, you can track the files and folder I think process monitor can do that. And then try to exclude it in the program. If there is no option and you still want to use Steady State, you must backup the mail every time you reboot using file backup software.

I hope this will help...