How can I start VNC on boot in Ubuntu?

MIMI April 30, 2010

Is it possible to post a tutorial on how to start the VNC server on boot. The problem is that if I log out from my Ubuntu machine, I cannot access it remotely from VNC and get to the gnome desktop to open my session.
Thanks a lot if you can help.

1. Onthax

the VNC server included that you access at System -> Preference -> Remote Desktop runs on session login, not startup

• Scooby

He knows, thats waht he was asking, geez

As far as I know it does not work, but please correct me if I am wrong.

I thought there is an option that you can tick to 'run at startup'? Should have a look around.

4. jhpot

Did you manually install VNC, or did you use the built-in remote desktop tool found at "System -> Preferences -> Remote Desktop"? It was my understanding that the built in tool worked the way you describe here, but I could be wrong...anyway, let me know a bit more about your setup and I'll see if I can help.

• sukru

hello,

I have the same problem described above. I am using the built-in tool. Also i have Ubuntu 11.10 installed. I want to connect to my Ubuntu PC even if i am not loggedin to Ubuntu.