How can I start generating income on Hubpages?

Jessica November 28, 2011

I’m concidering using Hubpages to display a niche or just tell a story about an experience. The hope is its a niche so not a huge amount of information is out there. The money comes when people click on ads w/in the hub. Does anyone have advice on how to get started?

Hmm. That's defininately a niche, but not something I'd like to take on I dont think. You could be on to something though, I'm just not sure if that isn't *too niche* , you know? I'd be hesistant about anything medical related, or insurance, as those are quite highly contested areas and often very well scrutinized by Google. It would be difficult to establish a popular site, I think. 

Me? I'm a full time writer here, as well as the guy who keep MakeUseOf ticking along. I also develop tons of sites in my spare time for fun, some of which turn a healthy profit. 

Good luck!

Without wishing to sound pessismistic - give up now. There is literally no niche left that hasn't already been done by people with actual websites who are much better at marketing than you, and who all use dirty internet tricks to rank better. You stand no chance of making any money with adsense on hubpages. Honestly, if you really think you have what it takes to both write high quality niche content - AND enter the cut-throat world of internet SEO - then do it with a real website and a real domain name - not hubpages. 

"The hope is its a niche" implies you haven't actually researched the topic yet. Do that first, and see which sites are currently ranking. If they suck, you may be on to something. In fact, why don't you email me (jamesbruce@ this website) and let me know your idea. If it's genuinely a good idea on a niche topic, I'll PAY you to write the content, and take the risks myself.

set up an adsense account.