How can I start my own free blog to post my updates, tips and photos?

vijayabhaskar bhaskar May 15, 2012

I am a Calligrapher. I want to start my own free blog to post tips about Calligraphy, photos, seminars, every information about the art. Can you help me make it happen please?

1. Gianna Marie Lanete

You can use blogger , it is a free site.. But u must have a little knowledge in coding.
    You can also use tumblr too.. :))
    if u want i can help you in tumblr.

2. Irshad Ahmed

Try blogger or wordpress.

3. top hat

cheap snapback caps

4. Stephanie w

WordPress and Blogger are the easiest free services for a blog. I don't know much about blogger, but WordPress is fairly self-explanatory. You simply sign up, choose a theme and start writing. There is also plenty of space for uploading photos, which can then be inserted into a post.

If you need more specific help, there are plenty of guides online for different blog-related activities and problems and there is a help forum on WordPress itself.

5. Freecycle Me

I wonder vijayabhaskar if you managed to resolve this and have a blogIf you ever want people to see your blog and offer advive for development, here would be a good place :)

6. Anwaar Ansari

I think the best way is to use WordPress.com
    If you use Self-hosted wordpress , then you can have a lot of variety of themes to choose from...

7. guthagowtham

There are mainly three best options,

WordPress.com : It is quite difficult but featured. A lots of excellent features really attracts. Categories, Tags etc. differentiates content and helps readers identify your content respectively. Only 3GB for media is offered for free. You can extend this with premium account.

Blogger.com : Completely free. It is highly customizable. It does not allow tags and categories. But you can here a different sound i.e. labels. Blogger gives the best support for javascript, therefore you can make your blog do whatever you want if you have knowledge in javascript.
    If you don't have then don't worry, you can get the widgets from various sites and install them in it by just copy and paste.
    A lot of themes are also available. Just download the theme zip and upload the xml to blogger.

Tumblr.com : Best for media. Highly customizable. Many free and paid themes. It is different. Different posts for audio, video, quote, link, text. It can be the right for you.

Finally, if you buy a domain your blog may be popular. But one thing, if you go for Blogger.com, your blog might sound a bit good in Google Search. But that is not guaranteed. Your blog needs to have quality content firstly. However, the above options might help.

8. Irmgard Meldau

Try WordPress.

9. muotechguy

If you choose to host your own WordPress, my free guide is immensely useful and covers more than just the mechanics of managing content (which is riduclously easy on WordPress); it also goes into SEO and monetization: http://www.makeuseof.com/pages/set-up-your-blog-with-wordpress-the-ultimate-guide

My upcoming guide is also on the topic on monetization, so keep an eye out for that.

• Alan Wade

That really is a great tutorial, very easy to understand and well worth a read.

• Amit Sinha

yes only makeuseof make it available for free

10. Muhammad Faisal Wahab Khan

i guess most of your art will be shown as pictures... so you can try blogger because its new featured dynamic templates are perfect to showcase gallery... so go ahead try it.

11. Dave Parrack

Just to add to Oron's comment, you can also consider Tumblr, which offers a simple setup and an even simpler posting process.

12. Oron

The easiest way to create a blog is to set one up on an existing service. The easiest is probably Blogger.com, but wordpress.com has more potential for future development (you can rent a site from them and migrate your blog to it, or download the software and use it on another server, which would allow you to add plug-ins and other customisations).
    Either way, the process is very easy. You need to register with them and create a username (which will become part of the blog's address) and password, and choose a template. From that point on, your blog is "live" and you can post messages on it much as you would write email on a webmail program such as Gmail or Hotmail. There are tools on the toolbar to upload images (or embed images from other sites) on the page, and that's about it!
    Of course, once you're up and running, there will be many other things you may want to do, or need to do, but start with this and see where it takes you! Good luck!