What can I do against an Email Stalker?

a fan March 27, 2010

What can I do against someone sending me emails with different email addresses?

Here a couple of MakeUseOf articles you might find useful:

- How To Trace Your Emails Back To The Source
    - How to Trace an IP Address to a PC

2. Mark O'Neill

If he or she is using Gmail, you can report them to Gmail for abusing the service. If they are using different email addresses though, this may be an impractical and lengthy task.

3. Taty

Hi a fan
    You can find out what the email address is. On the right hand side of the message, select the down arrow by "reply" then "show original". You'll be able to see the ip from there. Unfortunately though, Gmail doesn't seem to have an IP blocking feature. You can create filters ( under setting ) and have it go straight to garbage or use the spam button generously.

4. Taty

Depending on your email service, you should be able to block this person's IP address, which is an identifier of his computer, not just his email. You can usually see the ip by selecting advanced view, or details of the email. Also, list his email as spam and if he sends similar emails, put that on a filter to send directly to spam. What email service do you use? I could tell you where to find his IP if it' one of the most common services. Spam filters are always a good option.

• a fan

I'm using gmail, can I block the IP or MAC adress with this service?

5. ├Žnon1mus

Changing your email address would be a good start. Yes you may have to tell other people your new address but at least you won't have this problem anymore.