Why are there sometimes spots on photos taken with a Lumix Panasonic camera?

ALi March 29, 2011

I have a Lumix Panasonic camera. It sometimes captures pictures with too many spots on it. Please help me. It is not a lens problem because it doesn’t do it always. Please help me!

1. Steve

I had a smudge typespot in my viewfinder and also in my picturefiles, well i thought the lumix 7Z was abunch of .... and was ready to replace it,so I hithe body of the camera on both narrow sides with my palm .....and it disapeared,
    So it deserves another try.. I was happy with my old CANON for a third of the cost,but I had to try soething BETTER????? 

2. Handsonlmt

Lumix camera is producing pics with tiny black spots-help!!

3. Andrew Gould

Some people believe that 'orbs' in digital photos are ghosts, aliens or spiritual entities. Actually, they're just reflections of the camera flash from dust motes or insects in the field of view. Some cameras seem more prone to picking them up than others. I hardly get any with my Kodak Z880.

4. Roy

I was going to first suggest what Rob said. Lumix cameras have some pretty aggressive noise reduction technology, which sometimes goes so far that it creates what look like smudges or spots. Overall their image quality is great though.

The other possibility is that there is something on the lens. Spots can also be caused by something on the actual image sensor in some cameras, but that mainly happens with SLR cameras.

5. Rob

Possibly this is ISO noise in the picture? Try lowering the ISO value and see if this continues