Why can’t my Spice Mi 720 tablet run certain apps and what can I do?

mrudula s August 24, 2012

My tablet is a Spice Mi 720 which has Android 2.3 and an 800 MHz processor. I am not able to run the Talking Tom app or Unicorn Dash – can anyone tell me why? Is there anything I can do about it?

1. Shikha

Can anyone help as i am unable to find whats app application in the android market however can see all other whats app related applications but cant find whats app messenger. android version 2.3.3 handset Spice mi 720 tablet

Screen size is currently one of the biggest limiting factors. It's primarily because Android's designers didn't anticipate that the hardware environment would include so many different screen sizes. What's strange is that the Java language (which is the code Android executes) was designed around abstracting away the differences between various types of hardware. Unfortunately, screens could not be abstracted.

In Android, screens do not perfectly scale and each app has to be designed around each individual screen size. It's actually a terrible shortcoming but until it's corrected, unless a device designer specifically designs their app for the tablet screen size, it won't be compatible.

The best thing you can do is write the developer of the app in question and request a localization for your device. You'd be surprised how many developers respond to these kinds of requests.

Talking Tom requires download of additional data after installation and it varies with devices.So,you need active internet connection such as Wi-Fi,2G or 3G.This might be the reason of improper functioning of the app.

Try getting these apps from Play Store(formerly Android Market) itself.