How can I speed up my Windows PC so my games will run on it?
Question by tushar /

Games don’t run on my Windows computer. If they run, they run slowly.

To improve the overall performance of your Windows read our Windows Acceleration Guide.

Windows on Speed: Ultimate PC Acceleration Manual

• Ivan A.

game booster is good
    if you have vista or 7 try turning of areo

• Josh Fox

I agree with the Game Booster recommendation. However, nothing beats simply having better hardware. The key parts needed for gaming are the processor, RAM, and the video card. Some older computers can’t be upgraded enough to play certain games though. If you don’t have new enough card slots, like AGP or better yet, PCI Express, you may not be able to get a fast enough memory card for high end gaming.

As far as RAM goes, if you haven’t upgraded it yourself, there’s a good chance you can, unless you ordered it with maximum capacity of RAM to begin with.

The processor is limited by the socket. Only certain processors will work with certain sockets. Some of the older socket styles can no longer be upgraded by purchasing retail. You would have to check your computer, or maybe Speccy from Piriform could help identify your CPU socket.

Speccy can by used to identify the type of RAM your computer is currently using so you can upgrade using the same type to prevent problems. Additional RAM on its own would help a great deal for nearly everything you do with your computer, but having a fast enough video card is also needed for many games. For most modern high end gaming, you would probably need at least 2 GB or RAM, a video card with at least 512 MB of built-in memory, and a dual-core processor that’s higher than 2.5Ghz. This all depends on the games you want to play though. You should always check the minimum requirements for games, especially when it’s a paid game.

Which version of windows do you have?
    Some info on your hardware configuration

try to uninstal your graphic video driver and to instal a new one.

You can try to use game boosters like iobit game booster
    If you want the premium version for free then go