How can I speed up the shutdown time of my PC?

Javier Gallegos May 6, 2012

How to speed up PC shut down time or cut it down to make it short as possible?

1. Ziggy

One way to cut down on the start up and shutdown times is to go into your sounds & under "windows" go to your "exit windows" and make the sounds none and then do the same for the "windows logoff & logon" sounds, make them none also. It helps a little when booting up and logging off.

2. Kyem Ghosh

I follow the steps as shown in the link I've posted below and could speed up the shut down process by 2 seconds.... In this link, they provide a software for this process bt please donot use it (no harm if used, bt I don't recommend). Do it manually as shown in the link....

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/717-shut-down-speed-up.html

You can also look at the processes that are initiated at startup. There are many programs that add background processes to your computer that may or may not run in the system tray. If you don't use them, remove them from the appropriate startup location (use msconfig to do this). It will allow your computer to both start and shutdown faster.

• Javier Gallegos

I have done this too, but i will look again in case i missed something, thanks for replying.

• Mikeoaklawn

You can also go into sounds and set the sounds for the exit windows, windows logon & logoff sounds to none and that will help a little when shuting down loging on and off.

Windows has to close background process, services to shutdown properly, if this is not respected then perhaps on the next Windows startup some of the process and services will not startup at all?

do a scan of your pc for malwares, use CCleaner, Glary Utilities to clean registry..

3 Ways To Speed Up The Windows 7 Shutdown Process
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-ways-speed-windows-7-shutdown-process/

• Javier Gallegos

I'll check out the article, and i already use CCleaner and malwarebytes so im good on that front thanks for answering.