Joe Videtto

What is the best speech-to-text app for dictating notes into digital notebook app (e.g. OneNote, Evernote…)?

30 Apr 2012
Windows
Firefox 12
30 Apr 2012 | Windows | Firefox 12

Hi all,

I would like to use a handheld device (phone, iPod touch) to dictate notes into a MS OneNote or some other powerful digital online notebook. In addition, I’d like to be able to :

1.) verify that my speech is converted into the correct text, and fix immediately if not

2.) I would be happy to invest in any of either a Windows phone, iPhone, Android phone ONLY if I could use it with my existing Verizon voice plan WITHOUT paying for data/internet access. Outside these options, I would consider an iPod touch.

3.) easily transfer from my device to Windows XP PC

Would love some feedback to know if anyone is currently using such a setup to take notes ‘on-the-fly’ throughout the day, and what phone/software combo would be the easiest to use productively.

Thanks in advance,
Joe