Why do I not get sound from voices when playing Assasin’s Creed 1?

Stefan Trajkovic March 1, 2011

I have installed Assasin’s Creed 1. I was waiting this long because I didn’t have configuration for it.

It works great, read: perfectly at high graphics, but with no voices! This eats me alive because I won’t to find out what’s going on! :( Other sounds work perfectly, so it’s not drivers. If anyone know what can I do, please share your thoughts! Thanks. :)

1. jsn

I believe it is a bug wit all the AC games, I have see it happen on xbox too if you pause the game for "to" long.

Stefan,

were you able to fix the voices in your game in the meantime? Please let us know how you did it. Thank you!

Hi
    turn down acceleration one notch in dxdiag(Start>run>(type)DXdiag (press ok or hit return))... . . Either that or alt-tabbing out corrected it.

"If using Realtek High Definition Audio, Soundmax HD Audio, or nForce Audio, you
    may experience sound anomalies. To work around the problem, reduce the Hardware
    acceleration slider to 'Basic' in the Windows Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio
    Devices -> Audio tab -> Advanced -> Performance tab."

as above set both sliders to the middle setting, Basic for the first one and the other slider under it was in the center. Sound should work.

4. Me :)

Only voices doesn't work, options are ok voices are on but i can't hear them while playing. Voices work in other games so it's not drivers... Setup are fine until i come to the part when i talk to someone, then i can't hear what is he saying, but one or two words sometimes slips and i'm able to hear it for like 1 second... Other newer games work just fine... I'm craying my eyes out for this :.(

Hello, have you checked if in your configurations is there a setting for voice volume? You can try the following steps, maybe they help:

-- select pause game and then
    -- open the options menu
    -- find the sound area and check if there is any bar for raising the voice sound. It should be on the same area where the settings for Background music and sound effects are.
    -- Increase the volume for voice on the bar

Also, you might want to check if there is any patches available for your platform, especially look for patches for sound. Can you tell more about your setup?

Which Windows version are you running and what type of sound card do you have?

General Troubleshooting:

- Make sure you are using the latest drivers for your Sound Card.

- Make sure you have set the correct speaker setting (e.g. Headphones, 5.1, ...) within Windows! If the setting is wrong the voices might be send to a sound channel which is not connected.

- Decrease Hardware Acceleration for Sounds (depending on your system this can either be done within DxDiag or the Advanced Speaker Setup > Performance)

Stefan,

are all sounds of the game muted or just the voices? It sounds like it's just the voices.

If other game sounds from this game work fine, the culprit must lie within the game. Did you search the game options? Maybe you can disable voices somewhere.