Why is my Sony VAIO laptop built-in Motion Eye webcam not working?
Question by Alice Smith /

I have a VAIO laptop which is a Windows 7 with a built-in Motion Eye webcam. My webcam was working fine, but then it suddenly stopped working.

Whenever I try to use the webcam, it will come up with a plain black screen. The little yellow/green light next to it is still lighting up, indicating that it is working, but it’s showing a plain black screen. I looked up my webcam settings and it said it is working correctly. Whatever I use: Webcam Companion 3, Skype, Windows Live Messenger, it will still not work. Please help, I need my webcam back.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , .
Android OS Tips
Android OS Tips
Cool Toys and Gadgets
Cool Toys and Gadgets
Apple Hardware Discussion
Apple Hardware Discussion
Wearable Tech
Wearable Tech

• abdullah

my built in webcam is not working when i did windows 7 and it was windows xp

• sreeju

my web cam is not working sony vio vista i changed to windows 7 , pl suggest me to what to do.

• retxela

what’s happening in here we’re have the same problem…can anyone explain why?..please do so…we need help..

• Lee

My son’s seldom used Vaio’s webcam just went dark also, if it is pointed towards a light bulb there is a dim image. Did a driver update, an uninstall and re-install and checked the status in the properties tab, says it is working properly. I kind of think the camera just took a dump.

• Sumaiya

try updating your driver..
    computer>system properties>device manager>imaging devices(or similar)>your camera driver..now click on driver then update driver..
    that should do it

• Enjoli

HI I tried this and it seached but didnt find anything. Do you have any more tips?

• yas

I got a similar problem. My computer cannot find the camera at ALL! It disappeared. 

• renz

also me my camera is not working i dnu wat happen

• Ihdiohf

oh no mine is doing the same thing :( i dont know why