Would someone review this laptop I wanna buy ?

Anonymous February 1, 2014

Hello,
I recently wanted to buy a laptop within a reasonable budget. Here is one i came up with :

http://www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilion-15-e026ax-laptop-apu-quad-core-a10-8gb-1tb-dos-1-5gb-graph/p/itmdp2axyy6ryzwj?pid=COMDP2AWH5HDHNDG&ref=abe5746a-4a5c-4217-a13a-2fd1693f616a

The price mentioned is $600
Can you tell me if it has something bad or something I might face problem with. I can’t trust the reviews. Many times, they are paid reviews.

1. Gianna Marie L

I would say this: http://blog.laptopmag.com/laptop-buying-guide

web development forum
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.or110374.demorites.net/forum/index.php

What are your expected uses for a laptop? It is okay for a low-end gaming experience (don't expect ultra or high settings for many newer games), good for media streaming, okay for video and photo editing. Overall basic web browsing and normal uses would be good to very good. Battery life is about average, but you may be able to squeeze more life using Brazos Tweaker and lowering the CPU voltage a little.

HP support is pretty good, though no brand of computers offer spectacular customer service. I would rate this computer a "B" for better than average performance, good customer service, and decent quality. Overheating shouldn't be much of an issue with the processor, but do keep in mind that anything that covers or traps heat under the laptop and around the vents will cause heat issues. The only issue may be the DVD drive tray, but I don't own this model so I cannot say to what extent. The price is okay for this model, especially since it can be used as an entry level gaming laptop.

• Pradyumna B

Thanks for your detailed answer, I am not a high end gamer, I am a computer enthusiastic , a programmer , a webdeveloper and a motion graphic designer.

I will be using softwares concerning the above fields. I dont need any high end games, though i might play some entry level ones.

So this was my usage, whats your opinion concerning my usage ?

• Dalsan M

For the most part, this laptop would work pretty good. If the graphic design software uses GPU acceleration for rendering, the laptop should process it pretty good; if the rendering uses mainly the CPU, it may not be the quickest. For programs that uses the CPU instead of GPU, a third generation Intel i5 series would be better off.

Personally, though, the performance difference between an Intel i5 and an AMD A10 isn't big enough to say that the A10 wouldn't do most people, even for your uses, any justice. The benchmarks give false sense of speed difference when real world use can, and usually is, different and not that noticeable (unless you do side-by-side comparisons). For overall performance and usability, I think that this laptop is a good choice at a pretty good price.