How can I solve a ‘Prop Res DLL not loaded’ error in Windows XP?
Question by Rhonda Howard /

Whenever I try to copy from Open Office to create a PDF, or when trying to print from my printer, I get an error message. It also shows up trying other things.

Error: Prop Res DLL not loaded.

I cannot seem to find a solution to this problem. I have Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3. I have updated everything that is on my computer.

Rhonda,

did you try any of the suggestions from the link I gave you? Did anything fix your issue? Please let us know what did the trick. Thank you!

Rhonda,

I did a Google search and found this forum discussion, which discusses the same problem you have: Error message “Prop Res Dll Not Loaded” in Word – how can I fix this?

There is a number of suggestions in the thread, including re-installing your printer software, re-installing Microsoft Word (or Open Office), copying a DLL to another folder etc. Different solutions worked for different people. I suggest that you try them one after the other and see what works for you.