How can I solve a Google Chrome cache problem that keeps me from signing into websites?

Vibin February 17, 2011

I’m running Google Chrome 10 developer channel.

I can’t login into my Twitter or Live account. Whenever I press the Sign In button, after entering the login details, a download starts automatically and I can’t login to my account.

I made a video describing my problem. You can view it on YouTube.
Any help will be appreciated!

1. Imicahtalk

how can i disabled internet download manager?

Imicahtalk,

it isn't entirely clear what you are asking. However, if you are able to explain your question in more detail, e.g. what type of internet download manager do you mean, where do you see it (operating system, browser etc.), and what version software and/or operating system you are using, then I would recommend you to ask a new question.

2. Vibin

Thanks a Ton,Mike.
    The culprit is "Internet download manager- Software for increasing download speed"
    I can login to my twitter account if I disable "Internet download manager".
    Once again thanks for your help, Mike.

3. Vibin

Thanks for the reply,Mike.
    I have tried cleaning browsing history,download history,cache,cookies...
    But Still I can't sign in to twitter.
    I don't think the problem is caused by the channel I'm using (Dev channel) because I have encountered the same problem in stable and Beta channels also !!
    Any suggestions?

Someone posted a similar problem on the Chrome Forum ~ the problem was caused by a download manager. So it's probably a good idea to deactivate any download manager or extension you hav installed on your system.
      http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=2e8f8f3a0b8f7415&hl=en

Other then that I can only think of using a new [clean] Chrome Profile.
      The easiest method is to sync your browser with Google ~ this will basically backup all your settings, bookmarks and extension. Otherwise you will have to export your bookmarks and write down all extensions and setting syou have used.

Since you are using the Dev channel maybe it's a good idea to do both.

Then move or delete the Profile folder - it is located in one of the following locations:
      C:UsersAppDataLocalGoogleChrome
      C:Documents and SettingsLocal SettingsApplication DataGoogleChrome

Or you could keep your old profile and just tell Chrome to use a different one for testing purposes. Follow the link to find out how:
      http://www.labnol.org/software/create-family-profiles-in-google-chrome/4394/

You can clean the Internet cache by:
    1. click the wrench icon on the top right
    2. select Tools
    3. click on the Clear browsing data...

I recommend the following selection:
    - Clear browsing history
    - Clear download history
    - Empty the cache
    - Delete cookies
    also make sure to select period "Everything"

Other then that I suggest to fall back to the Chrome Beta channel. It's very stable (haven't encountered a single crash) and is updated frequently.