Are there any solutions to touchscreen lag on the Moto G?

Kyem G June 6, 2014

I’ve seen that the touchscreen of my phone suddenly becomes too laggy and its too hard to swipe in between home screens or swipe up and down. Even it turns to be difficult to draw the unlock pattern.

But the great thing is that a couple of time, it fixes itself automatically. But still, it’s a concern as you may not be able to use the phone when you need. It has been a week since I bought the Moto G. And I found this happening two times since then.

Even rebooting the phone in safe mode doesn’t help. Why does this happen and is there any permanent fix? I’ve seen forums where people wrote that those going for water resistant test on their phone are facing this. But I didn’t go for anything like that. And it happens both when connected to wall charger or when its free from cables.

do you have the same problem in safe mode
    What is safe mode and how do I use it ?
    https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/96457/p/30%2C6720%2C9050

if yes can be software problem or the screen then you should replace if under warranty

• Kyem G

Plz chk out my reply to Oron

I've never seen this either on my own Moto G or on my wife's. My guess is that there's a problem with yours - either with the device itself or with an app your installed on it. You mentioned elsewhere you installed a battery saving app on it. Remove it and see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't, remove other apps one at a time to see the effect. If, after removing all the apps, the problem persists, take it back to the shop!

• Kyem G

It happened 1st may be on the fourth day of getting the device in hand (bought it online from Flipkart, India). I made a factory reset after that. Everything got fine. And then I found it happening today after uninstalling the battery saver app which was eating up my RAm. I tried a reboot and then went for Safe mode. It didn't help me. But within 10-15mins it automatically got recovered. Lets see what happens. I have got 30 days replacement warranty and return policy from Flipkart which is valid till 25th June and so, I still have got time to ask for an exchange..